I handle some of my Contacts (especially email-only-contacts) via my owncloud instance instead via google. Now I had the problem that I need all those contacts on my mobile android device to be able to write emails to those people.
I don’t like to sync my email-pnly-contacts with my google account, so I need a solution that is working fine with android but without merging the contacts.
The solution that works well for me is to sync the contacts to my phone / tablet via CardDav free (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.dmfs.carddav.sync&hl=de)
How to Setup the Sync:
- Open CardDav and select „New Account“
- http://<myHost.com>/cloud/remote.php/carddav/addressbooks/<user>/contacts (you can also see this in your owncloud web interface)
- Enter your owncloud username and password
- setup your sync-interval and if you would like to have a uni-direction sync
- Start the sync (via settings -> accounts ) and have fun with your contacts on your mobile device